Your Package Includes:
- An intake session to explain your goals and provide data
- Follow-up meetings to clarify information
- Your comprehensive and actionable financial plans
- Face-to-face sessions to discuss the plans in detail and create accountability for action
- Six months of unlimited email and phone access for questions that arise (within reason, please)
Meetings may be in person or over the phone. All sessions must be completed within six months following the delivery of the plans.
Depending on your needs you can receive:
- A Retirement Income Strategy
- An Investment Strategy
- A Monitoring Strategy
- Real Estate Analysis
- Insurance Needs Analysis
The components of each strategy are outlined below.
Retirement Income Strategy
This plan will address the most important areas of your financial life. We have listed many, but not all, of the questions answered by this strategy.
Goals and Assumptions
- Where would you like to be?
- What are your income goals?
- What are your financial fears?
Net Worth Statement
- Where are you today?
- How much are you spending today?
- How much do you expect to spend during retirement?
- How much income can you expect to generate each year?
- How will income taxes affect your cash flow?
- Which of your goals are achievable?
- How much of a retirement can you afford?
- Do you have enough capital to support your goals?
- Will you deplete your capital during retirement?
- How will longevity affect your financial planning?
- What is a safe initial withdrawal rate for you?
- At what age should you be drawing Social Security?
- How can you maximize your Social Security distributions?
This plan will recommend a disciplined investment process that may help you achieve your long term investment goals. We have listed many, but not all, of the questions answered by this strategy.
- How much of a negative change in the value of your portfolio are you willing to tolerate?
- How would your income be affected if your portfolio loses a large amount of its value?
- How will you diversify your portfolio?
- What rate of return do you need to generate in order to sustain your lifestyle?
- What will your target rate of return be?
- What asset allocation is most likely to achieve your long term investment objectives?
- What will you use to compare the performance of your investments?
Current Portfolio Critique
- How has your current portfolio performed?
- Does your current portfolio reflect your retirement risk profile?
- Do you have the right diversification?
- Will you adopt a tactical asset allocation policy?
- What events will trigger rebalancing?
- Will you use individual stocks or low cost index funds?
- Which specific investments should you sell or buy?
This plan utilizes Professor Ulivi’s Eight Rules for Monitoring Your Retirement Finances. We have listed many, but not all, of the questions answered by this strategy.
- Is your current withdrawal rate sustainable?
- Are your current savings sufficient to support your future expenses or withdrawals?
- How fast are you depleting your cash?
- What will the source of your withdrawals be?
- What will the order of your withdrawals be?
- What are the conditions for your withdrawals?
- Will you be able to sustain increases to your income to keep up with inflation?
- Under what conditions should your withdrawals be frozen?
Capital Preservation Rule
- Under what conditions should your withdrawals be reduced?
- When can you take out a bonus withdrawal?
Real Estate Analysis
This optional service is for those clients who need to make real estate decisions.
- Should you downsize, refinance or payoff the mortgage?
- Should you invest in rental property?
- What cash flow and rate of return can you expect from rental real estate?
Insurance Needs Analysis
This optional service is for those clients who need to make insurance decisions.
- How will Medicare affect your finances?
- Should you buy a supplemental health insurance policy?
- Should you consider Long Term Care insurance?