Because the field of financial planning has a variety of professionals and salespeople, we have found it is helpful to outline specifically what we do NOT do as part of our process.
- To minimize potential conflicts of interest, we do not sell any financial products or receive any commissions or referral fees as a result of our recommendations. We are paid directly by our clients and always provide a full disclosure of our fees before they are incurred.
- We do not make decisions for clients. Although we provide specific recommendations, and we provide a framework for you to make those decisions in line with your personal goals, you are in charge of all final decisions.
- We are not judgmental. We do not judge where you have been or what decisions you have made in the past. We focus on the future and what you want out of your life. We create a plan and provide the accountability you need to reach your unique goals.
- We do not prepare tax returns or provide tax code interpretation. We give overall tax strategy and related advice which should be discussed in detail with your CPA or Tax Advisor.
- We do not write wills, prepare trust documents or draw up Powers of Attorney documents. Please consult an estate planning attorney to have these documents prepared.
We will be delighted to provide referrals if our services do not match your current needs. Just ask!